The EPCC Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Squad
At EPCC, our team members are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work each day. Diversity and inclusion are a top priority for us, but we acknowledge there is always more we can do to increase awareness and act on our beliefs. To that end, we have created the EPCC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Squad.
Our DEI Squad is made up of team members from across all departments, with a united aim to make our workplace and our tradeshows as inclusive as possible.
In our office:
- We’ve joined the Disability Inclusion Community platform to help us develop an inclusive workplace for people with disabilities
- We’ve introduced an anonymised recruitment process. This means we remove details such as name, age and university from a candidate’s application to ensure no unconscious bias in our hiring. We’re also working toward our Disability Confident employer accreditation to ensure our recruitment practices are as inclusive as possible
- Through our in-house lecture series, we regularly bring in outside speakers to talk to our staff about DEI issues (and lots of other things!)
- We have developed detailed resource hubs on all things DEI, for our team to research and engage with DEI topics based on their preferred learning style
At our shows:
- Our team is focused on cultivating speaker diversity and welcomes speakers from underrepresented groups with a wide range of experiences and perspectives
- We’ve created the EPCC code of conduct which is highlighted in emails to our attendees pre-show and placed in high traffic areas at our tradeshows
- We encourage our EPCC staff to wear pronoun badges at our live shows to create an open and inclusive environment
- We’re working on our inclusive and accessible social media presence
- Check out our case study from EPCC in Frankfurt 2019 for more information about the DEI initiatives in place at our live shows